Thursday, September 13, 2012

Welcome to my Forensics Blog

If you are a published or aspiring crime or mystery writer, please make yourself at home.

The crime and mystery genre is enjoying unparalleled success, fuelled in no small measure by the public's unending fascination with forensics.  But what if you feel that your forensics knowledge isn't up to scratch and you're not sure where to go for reliable information?  Well, my blog is here to guide you through the forensics maze. 

I'm going to discuss the established techniques of forensics and also introduce you to some which may be less familiar to you.  At the same time, I'll try to make the technical detail more accessible, so that you will have the confidence to incorporate it into your writing.  Occasionally, I'll highlight research projects that show potential for future forensic applications.  In addition, I'll post comments on cases that I think will interest you and include useful snippets of information to underpin your characters' world.  My aim is to help you give your writing the authenticity that your readers will love.

I've also produced a free newsletter for you called 'Scenes of Crime', which I plan to issue every month.  Download the first two copies here.

Scenes of Crime June 2012

Scenes of Crime July/August 2012

Thanks for stopping by; I hope you'll come back often.  In the meantime, I wish you a successful life of fictional crime.
 
 



 

1 comment:

  1. I have a question: can the pathologist tell if a victim has been injected with a manufactured insulin such as Novolog or Humalog to cause death or is it no different than the insulin that the body naturally produces?

    ReplyDelete